Hirer may cancel their booking in the following circumstance by notification to the Himalayan Wheels and in such cases will be liable to pay the following cancellation charges:
Himalayan Wheels offers online rental car services through its own website. The information that follows applies to all of these platforms.
What Kind of Personal Information Does Himalayan Wheels Use ?
When you make a rental car and bike booking or request a quote, you will be asked for the relevant pieces of information required to fulfill the rental car and bike services requested; this may include the main driver's name, age, contact details (email, address and telephone number), date and place of birth, passport information, driving license information and payment information.
To make it easier to manage your bookings, you can open a user account. This allows you to save your personal settings, review previous bookings and manage future bookings.
When you visit our website, even if you do not make a booking, we may collect certain information, such as your IP address, which browser you're using, and information about your computer's operating system, application version, language settings and pages that have been shown to you. If you are using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics and latitude/longitude details. None of this information by itself will be able to tell us who you are, but it can still considered to be 'personal' information.
Why Does Himalayan Wheels Collect, Use and Share your Personal Details ?
- Bookings: First and foremost, we use your personal information to complete and administer your rental car and bike booking and forward required details to the rental car and bike supplier.
- Customer reviews: We may use your contact information to invite you to answer a short questionnaire regarding your rental car and bike experience. The survey results will be used to help us better understand and improve the service our rental car and bike partners provide to all our customers.
- Marketing activities: We also use your information for marketing activities, as permitted by law. For example:
Other communications: There may be other times when we get in touch by email, by phone or by texting you, depending on the contact information you share with us. There could be a number of reasons for this:
- You may choose to subscribe to our Special Offers service in order to receive emails notifying you of any promotions or new services we are offering. You can opt out of this service at any time by clicking on the 'unsubscribe' link in any emails we send to you.
- Based on the information you share with us, individualized offers may be shown to you on the Himalayan Wheels website.
- When we believe that a particular offer may be of interest to you, we may decide to make contact with you by phone.
Fraud detection and prevention: We may use personal information for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
Improving our services: Finally, we use personal information for analytical purposes, to improve our services, to enhance the user experience, and to improve the functionality and quality of our online travel services.
- We may need to respond to and handle requests you have made.
- If you have not finalized a booking online, we may email you a reminder to continue with your booking. We believe that this additional service is useful to you because it allows you to carry on with a booking without having to search for the rental car again or fill in all the booking details from scratch.
- When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review about your experience with Himalayan Wheels.
- iv. We may also send you other material related to your booking, such as how to contact Himalayan Wheels and your rental car and bike supplier if you need assistance, or a summary of previous bookings you made through Himalayan Wheels.
If "you" "the user" do not accept any of the mentioned policy "We" the "Himalayan Wheels" cannot provide any of our services to you.
Cookies and Similar Files
Our Website uses "cookies" and files that are similar to cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers created by your browser at our request and stored in an approved and standardized place on your computer. By transferring these cookies, Himalayan Wheels assigns you a unique customer code and record locater. Information about your activity on our Website can then be included in your customer record, which is stored within the Himalayan Wheels firewall. When you visit or return to our Website, we read the cookie to identify you as one of our customers and help recall orders or preferences you have selected. The cookie also enables us to recall your past activities, post your account data, and tailor site elements and special offers to you.
- No Personal Information about you is stored on the cookie. Most Web browsers accept cookies by default, but allow users to reject cookies by changing the browser preferences.
In accordance with data protection laws in India, we observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorized access and the misuse of personal information.
We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the personal information you give us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal information on our servers. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access personal information in the course of their work.
We protect our customer information. Any personal data we receive through our site is protected and encrypted by Secure Socket Layer (SSL). We have taken what we believe to be reasonable steps to ensure your personal data is accessible only to those whom we designate.